The Product

Sucks

 

Does this fit the description
of a NEW carnival Ride?

What about Safety?

YOU be the Judge!

Page 2

2) Wheel Covers.  
Once the hubs and wheels were secured correctly, I then had to install the aluminum wheel covers. My son and I went to the deck where all the parts were stored. We removed the plastic bubble wrapping and my son then grabbed the first of the two aluminum wheel covers. As he grabbed it he immediately withdrew his hand while uttering some well chosen words. What was discovered was that the manufacturer had left the metal burr's that were created during the cutting process of the wheel covers. 
 
These burr's were as sharp as razor's and were prominent on each of the two wheel covers and covered all of the edges of both wheel covers. I also found incorrect cuts that were left with no attempt to rectify. See images below.

     
Click images to enlarge

My son and I spent about an hour filing and smoothing down the edges of the aluminum wheel covers on this NEW ride. 
 
Next we had to attach the wheel covers to the frame of the ride, where we discover another problem. The wheel covers are attached to the frame of the ride via two metal brackets for each wheel cover. The brackets were pre-drilled and the frame of the ride was also pre-drilled to receive the brackets that were to be attached by bolts and secured by way of nuts. 
 
We first attached the brackets to the wheel covers then my son got under the ride with a wrench while I proceeded to attach the wheel cover and bolts from the outside. What we found was some of the holes had not been drilled, rather they had been crudely and inaccurately cut into the frame using some kind of cutting torch, the kind used by welders see images below.

Image of Correctly drilled holes     Image of poor crudely cut bolt hole   
Close up image of bolt hole misaligned and larger than the head of the bolts which were supplied. 
 

 Again I went shopping to find some wide washers that would prevent the supplied bolt heads from simply going through the enlarged holes.


 

3) Towing tongue brake, indicator and night traveling light installation.

next I installed the towing tongue or towing arm a simple procedure involving four bolts then cutting it to length and installing the actual yolk  part (not supplied) that attaches to the ball hitch. This was somewhat of a chore since the yolk was made in North America and the towing arm being made in China had a slight size variation. 

The ride since it is a portable mobile unit, is classified as a "vehicle" and therefore requires by law brake lights, indicators, and night traveling lights. All of which I was told comes with the ride and is included in the price. Except that they did not arrive with the shipment as they should.

When I spoke with Poretskin about this his answer was "I didn't send them because I didn't know if they used the same system as we do in the states" (not verbatim but that was the general gist of his response). Now this in itself is a very strange statement from someone who allegedly (by his own admission) has shipped a similar ride to Canada previously. Importers and exporters of vehicles between Canada and USA know the requirements, after doing it just once because it is a nightmare of paperwork and red tape as I found out with this ride (I have never imported a "vehicle" prior to this).

However, he had agreed to reimburse me for the lights. That has yet to happen and I won't hold my breathe while waiting.

Read more on page 3